Tooth Colored Fillings
An increasingly popular alternative to silver amalgam fillings are composite white fillings.
Unlike amalgam fillings, composite fillings are virtually invisible and our team at Gainesville
Dental Arts in Gainesville can shade them according to the color of your teeth to create a
perfect match, giving you a beautiful, white smile!
Benefits of Composite White Fillings
- Created to match your tooth to ensure a natural look and feel
- Because composite fillings can be created in smaller preparations, less of your tooth structure is
lost and less drilling is needed
- The material is made from acrylic and glass particles, containing no mercury or other metals
- Provides support to remaining tooth structure, and insulates against temperature changes
The Filling Process
- First, the targeted tooth is prepared to remove decay
- Next, a bonding agent is applied to the prepared tooth
- The composite material is placed and molded to your tooth structure
- The material is hardened by focusing intense light rays on it for about a minute
- The filling is now complete and you have a bright, natural-looking new tooth!
Your filling brightness can be maintained by simply practicing good oral hygiene and avoiding
staining food and drinks such as coffee, soda, tea, etc. For more information on composite white
fillings or to schedule an appointment, call and let us rejuvenate your smile!